Jonathan J. Nowakowski
is an Associate in the Investment Management practice group of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP. Jon advises investment companies, investment advisers, and private funds on a variety of regulatory compliance, corporate, and transactional matters. Jon counsels clients in all aspects of their organization, registration, operation, and liquidation.
Before joining Morgan Lewis, Jon served in various compliance, risk management, and legal roles at an international bank and broker-dealer, a large national law firm, and a global investment bank. He also previously held a FINRA Series 7 license.
Jon received his B.A. in Business Administration from Michigan State University, where he graduated with high honors. He then received his J.D., cum laude, from New York Law School.
Marketing Director Summary
It shall be the Marketing Director’s obligation to fulfill a one-year term, at the appointment of the President, undertaking the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conceive, develop, perform and supervise the production of all marketing materials to be used in the promotion of SCCG’s goals and activities. Annually, update SCCG brochure.
- Coordinate a coherent and uniform look/style throughout all media publications generated by SCCG.
- Participate in Officer Meetings, as needed, updating the Officers on developments. Incorporate input from fellow SCCG Officers into marketing programs presently underway.
- Manage SCCG website:
- Update SCCG events and meetings to include agenda and bios if available.
- Update industry conferences, always include disclosure.
- Update website links.
- Respond to password reset requests.
- Manage online Membership roster and new Member application process: receive and log initial application, forward to Treasurer, Membership Chair and Secretary. Provide applicant with website login and password after Treasurer reports that dues were received. Provide updated membership log to LinkedIn moderator, currently Jock Meeks.
- Coordinate post and remove job postings from Members and non-members. Start LinkedIn discussion on new postings.
Annual Website Tasks
- Update Officer Bios – email new officers and request a copy of bio.
- Update Bylaws (if necessary).
- Update Officer Job Descriptions (if necessary).
- Remove Old Members – request to remove a Member will usually come from the Treasurer after all unpaid Members have been identified. Usually in March/April.
- Add Presidential Business Plan – provided by president.
- Lead LinkedIn discussions when there are updates to the website, such as, reminders for upcoming meetings, social events, job postings, etc.
- Provide updates at SCCG Members’ Meetings; explain marketing progress on various projects and elicit attendee feedback.
Must be a member in good standing of SCCG and be appointed by the President. In addition, successful execution of the duties requires that an individual be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Skills & Abilities:
Proficiency in Publishing Programs, is a plus
Creative writing abilities
Good organizational skills