Margarita Pérez is a Vice President at City National Bank where she is responsible for conducting and leading complex audits as assigned for the Wealth Management Department. Audits are conducted in accordance with City National Bank standards which include both banking and securities regulations and are planned and executed utilizing the COSO Framework methodology. Margarita also acts as the subject matter expert on securities related issues for the department and other departments as needed.
Prior to joining City National Bank Margarita spent 16 years in various positions at Cetera Advisor Networks in various roles where she started as an auditor for ING Advisors Network in 2001 and was later recruited to manage the Department of OSJ Supervision for Cetera Advisors Network, in Margarita’s most recent position with Cetera she was responsible for managing the branch inspection process for the firm. Prior to joining ING Advisor Networks in 2001, she served in various Compliance and Operational capacities at American Funds, Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, Prudential Securities and Kayne Anderson Rudnick.
Ms. Perez earned a B.S. in Business Administration from Fordham University in Bronx, New York and currently holds the C.A.S. designation.
Membership Committee Chair Summary
It shall be the Membership Committee Chair’s obligation to fulfill a one-year term, at the appointment of the President, undertaking the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all recruiting efforts, including development and revisions of the SCCG Membership Application, annual updates of membership interest and membership drives/direct mailings.
- Respond to prospective member inquiries.
- Send welcome package (typically sent via email) to all new members.
- Coordinate welcoming new members at quarterly meetings.
- Progress reports to be delivered and assessed by SCCG Officers at their regular meetings and progress reports to be captured in meeting minutes.
- Perform other duties as determined necessary.
Must be a member in good standing of the SCCG and be appointed by the President. Individual must perform the above essential duties satisfactorily.
Skills & Abilities:
Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment Strong written and verbal communications skills
Team player and self-motivated
Organization and Preparation skills
Good contacts in the industry