Gretchen Lee, the Founder and Chief Consultant of Crown City Compliance (http://crowncitycompliance.com), established her business in 2009 because she recognized that CCO’s need negotiable help in navigating regulatory requirements. Crown City Compliance today tackles a company’s time consuming tasks by providing customized compliance solutions to its investment advisors.
Gretchen acquired her strong background in regulatory compliance in three arenas. First, she worked at a Wall Street powerhouse, then for a large institutional money manager, and finally for a family-owned investment advisor.
She provides her clients analysis of internal controls, review of marketing materials, updates to Compliance policies and procedures, and ADV filings. Gretchen has given on-site compliance support to her clients during times of transition. She prides herself on developing strong, long-term personal relationships with her clients.
Gretchen has been an active member of the Southern California Compliance Group for 12 years and currently serves as Executive Board Secretary. She can regularly be found at training and industry conferences. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from Scripps College. She is an active fund-raiser for the Sierra Madre Schools Annual Fund. Her hobbies are snow skiing, playing slow pitch softball, and obstacle racing. Gretchen’s full resume is available upon request.
It shall be the Secretary’s obligation to fulfill a one-year term, at the appointment of the President, undertaking the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist President with preparation of Agenda for Member Meetings.
- Distribute Agenda to appropriate Membership Roster for Member Meetings one month prior to set meeting date.
- Collect and reconcile RSVP’s from Members regarding attendance to Quarterly Meetings.
- Create and maintain attendance sheets for Member Meetings.
- Create and distribute Meeting Minutes for Member Meetings.
- Assist President with the preparation of Agenda for Officer Meetings.
- Distribute Agenda for Officer Meetings one week prior to set meeting date.
- Create and timely distribute Minutes for Officer Meetings.
- Assist Treasurer with maintenance of Membership Roster.
- Assist President, Vice President and Treasurer with creation, maintenance, organization and storage of a SCCG documentation and history (this includes, but is not limited to: job descriptions, agenda, meeting minutes, Membership rosters, attendance sheets, marketing and correspondence and financial records)
Must be a member in good standing with SCCG and be appointed by the President. In addition, successful execution of duties requires that an individual be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Skills and Abilities:
Good written and verbal communication skills
Excellent organizational skills
Strong attention to detail
Ability to meet deadlines